“100 Students” site wins higher-ed acclaim
In May, UC launched “If all of UC were just 100 students” — an interactive site that lets users explore how groups of undergraduate students would be represented if their population (more than 220,000) could be distilled to only 100 students.
This powerful tool makes it easy for members of the UC community or general public to understand the remarkable diversity in backgrounds, ethnicities and incomes that is represented within our extraordinary student community. View it at 100students.universityofcalifornia.edu/.
At the University & College Designers Association (UCDA) Design Conference, which took place Oct. 12–15 in Portland, Oregon, “If all of UC were just 100 students” received the highest possible honors. It was named the UCDA Design Awards’ Best in Show Digital.
The prestigious UCDA Design Awards recognize the best work in educational design (print, digital, illustration, photography, student and green categories). Colleges and universities throughout the nation submit more than 1,000 entries each year for these coveted awards, which are judged by designers and design educators.
“The fantastically talented team behind this project used their combined expertise to produce a work that is as informative as it is playful and beautiful. Fusing design and data to produce an experience that simultaneously engages and educates — how very UC!” says Creative Director Matt Glass. “Winning Best in Show is an exceptional achievement, one that reflects the peerless work UC consistently strives for.”
The creative team that produced “If all of UC were just 100 students” includes:
- Sarah Oldenburg – Senior Digital Designer
- Jason Schupp – Senior Web Developer
- Nicole Freeling – Communications Strategist
- Carolyn McMillan – Editorial Director
- Matt Glass – Creative Director
UC’s 2019 UCDA Design Awards
- In-house creative team (multiple projects)
- College Signing Day event
- Brand photography (Note: All UCOP staff can access UC brand photography by creating a free login in UC’s digital asset management system. Learn more about UC’s photographic brand guidelines.)
Questions? Contact Link@ucop.edu.Tags: 100 students, award, UCDA Design Awards