LinkedIn Learning watch party: Creative problem solving
On April 29, socialize with colleagues while building creative problem-solving skills at a lunchtime LinkedIn Learning watch party hosted by UCOP’s Learning and Development team.
We will gather together virtually to watch and discuss videos from the LinkedIn Learning course: “Taking a Creative Approach to Problem Solving.”
Creativity is a powerful change-making force, and the ability to think and solve problems creatively is built into the human brain. Curiosity, experimentation, and innovation define us as a species. At the same time, it’s easy for people and organizations to get “locked-in” to procedures that no longer serve them. How do you get “unstuck”? Building on insights from improv, design thinking, comedy writing, and startup incubation, the lessons in this course offer you concrete tools for creative thinking.
This course includes videos from:
- John Cleese, actor, director, and film producer
- Bob Kulhan, CEO, Business Improvisations
- Dave Evans, co-founder of Electronic Arts, lecturer, and co-author of “Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life”
- Bill Burnett, executive director of the Stanford University design program and co-author of “Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life”
- Beth Comstock, business executive and author (“Imagine It Forward: Courage, Creativity, and the Power of Change”)