Infuse your career with leadership skills for today and the future
Have you been looking for a way to boost your career by learning to become a people manager, or enhancing your leadership skills? Check out the People Management Integrated Learning Program (PM-ILP) — a new cohort training opportunity from UCOP Learning and Development.
How does the PM-ILP program work?
From October 2020 through May 2021, participants will complete online People Management Series courses at their own pace. Each month, they’ll meet for live virtual cohort training sessions to expand their knowledge and connect with colleagues. Cohort sessions will include discussion sessions, speakers and role play/practice management scenarios, in addition to supplemental training and reading materials. The first PM-ILP Cohort session will take place Tuesday, Oct. 6, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
What will I gain by participating in PM-ILP?
- Discover the value of emotional intelligence. The best people managers develop and model empathy, demonstrate an awareness of and control over their own emotions and invest in personal relationships. Learn to develop these skills in yourself, and encourage others to share in this growth mindset.
- Build universally applicable leadership skills. Leadership skills are essential in every career. Whether you’re a people manager or individual contributor, learning the language of leadership can help you maximize your impact on your team and elevate your readiness for future opportunities and promotions.
- Benefit from the knowledge and experience of your peers. Skill-building requires more than watching — you must reflect, try, fail and learn from your experiences. By taking these classes alongside like-minded colleagues, you will gain a deep understanding of what leadership means at UCOP while building cross-functional connections that can support you in the future.
- Maximize the value of UC’s People Management Series and Certificate. With 16 core modules and four elective courses, the People Management Serices and Certificate gives you the in-depth, targeted knowledge you need to inspire and manage colleagues. Topics range from implicit bias and performance management to administration, change management and communications.
- Gain elibility to attend the 2021 People Management Conference. Join leaders from across the UC system to learn about current management topics, exchange best practices, collaborate with peers, and continue your development and growth as UC people managers and leaders.
Who should participate in PM-ILP?
If the following traits apply to, you’re a great fit for PM-ILP:
- You’re considering leadership and want to know what it takes to be an effective leader
- You enjoy discussing, sharing and learning from your colleagues
- You want to develop skills that are essential for leadership
How do I sign up for PM-ILP?
Due to a high volume of demand and only 20-25 available places, participants must apply to participate in PM-ILP. The application deadline is Sept. 21, 2020. Discuss this opportunity with your supervisor, then apply online here.
How can I learn more?
Please register for and attend one of our upcoming informational sessions:
You can also download an informational flyer and visit the PM-ILP website.Tags: leadership, PM-ILP, professional development