Required performance appraisal training and goals are due this Friday
UCOP Human Resources has extended the deadline to complete the required Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP) training and goals to this Friday, December 4. All employees must complete the steps outlined below.
1. Take the required online training
These modules are instrumental to completing goals and entering them into ePerformance. The courses, which will familiarize you with the new system and position everyone for success in creating and entering goals, include the following (completion times are estimated):
- Module 1 – all employees: STEP overview (15 minutes)
- Module 2 – all employees: STEP define criteria — determine goals and choose competencies (15 minutes)
- Module 3a – employees with no direct reports: Employee demonstration of defining criteria (5 minutes)
- Module 3b – people managers: Manager demonstration of defining criteria — includes module 3a information (5 minutes)
2. Complete the Define Criteria stage
To complete the Define Criteria stage:
- Enter your goals for FY20/21 into ePerformance
- Select the UC Core Competencies that you will focus on for the year
- Ask your manager to approve these goals and focus competencies (Please note that your manager will not be notified when your goals and competencies have been entered; you must notify them when the goals/competencies are ready for review.)
3. (Optional) Attend a live training or office hours
If you would like more guidance and be able to ask questions about STEP, join a live virtual training and/or office hours.
(Please note that you must complete the required modules prior to attending these live trainings.)
In these interactive online training sessions, participants will review material from the required modules; discuss change and transition; practice determining goals and competencies; and interact with colleagues in breakout rooms. Dates and times are still available for employees and for people managers. The manager training includes training on the employee and manager roles.
We continue to offer open sessions for you to ask questions about the STEP process, learn how to navigate the system, and address other concerns. Dates and times are available for employees and managers.
For more information and resources, please visit the Performance Appraisal Learning Resources page. For additional questions regarding your goals and the appraisal process, please talk with your manager or UCOP Human Resources business partner.
Thank you for your attention to this important part of your professional development.
Tags: performance appraisals, STEP