President Drake shares his priorities and more at UCOP Town Hall
On Friday, Dec. 18, President Michael V. Drake, M.D. held his final Town Hall of 2020 with UCOP staff. More than 1,000 guests attended the virtual event via Zoom.
The conversation was moderated by Senior Vice President of External Relations and Communications Claire Holmes and featured several UCOP staff:
- Esperanza Sanchez, Employee Services Business Analyst, UCPath Center
- Tony Yang, Program Policy Analyst, UC Health and Co-Chair, OP Staff Assembly
- Roni Wilson, Administrative Supervisor, Budget Analysis & Planning
- Ben Tsai, Senior Tax Analyst, Payroll Coordination and Tax Services and Chair, Asian Pacific Islander Staff Association
- Carol Lake, Financial Analyst IV, Risk Services and Chair, OPSA Crafts Group
President Drake began the Town Hall with a welcome address. He then answered questions that had been pre-submitted by UCOP staff. These included priorities for his presidency, his advocacy in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, systemwide anti-racism efforts and his approach to considering race and ethnicity at UC in the wake of the defeat of Proposition 16. President Drake also addressed staff-related concerns, such as post-pandemic telecommute options, future employment policies, UCOP culture-building and local anti-racism priorities.
For those planning to catch up on reading over the curtailment, he also shared some of his favorite books.
For questions regarding the Town Hall, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: President Drake, town hall