Build your skills with October learning opportunities
Are you ready to boost your career by learning new workplace skills? Check out the October training offerings from UCOP Learning and Development — as well as a few September offerings that still have spaces available!
All listings below reflect Pacific Time.
People and Professional Skills
- Remarkable Hybrid Manager: This highly interactive live workshop is designed to help managers and supervisors tackle hybrid workplace challenges and turn them into opportunities for themselves and their teams. Sept. 30, 1 – 3:30 p.m. (Register by Sept. 29)
- Remarkable Hybrid Meeting: This deep-dive into the science of meetings, offered by our highly rated vendor People-OnTheGo, is designed to equip meeting facilitators and participants with the skills to make remote, hybrid and in-person meetings highly effective. Oct. 13, 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Register by Oct. 8)
- People Leader Forum: Building and Deepening Connections in a Hybrid World: The People Leader Forum is a monthly opportunity for people managers to connect with one another to develop leadership skills, build community and share best practices. Oct. 15, 1-2 p.m. This course is open to Managers/Supervisors only.
- Trust and Psychological Safety in the Workplace: Join Lisa Terry, systemwide director of leadership and organization development, for an interactive workshop. Discuss the concepts and measurement of trust and psychological safety and develop action steps to build trust and psychological safety in your own work environment. Oct. 20, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Stand Out on LinkedIn: Learn the best ways to get engaged on the site, and what it takes to get your profile noticed. Oct. 21, 2 – 3 p.m.
- Managing Implicit Bias, Extending Your Learning: People who have completed the systemwide UC Managing Implicit Bias online series are invited to attend this workshop to discuss strategies for managing implicit bias. Walk away with a greater understanding of your own implicit biases, as well as ways to promote equity, diversity and inclusion. Oct. 26, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Delivery Skills for Connecting with Your Audience: Offered by our popular partners at LifeLabs Learning, this workshop will teach you “hacks” from advanced perception research to make small changes in your delivery style, leading to a greater ability to be persuasive and connect with your audience. Oct. 28, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Microsoft Excel Techniques: Oct. 5, 10-11:30 a.m. (Register by Sept. 30)
- Excel Intro to Data Analysis: Oct. 21 & 22, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Register by Oct. 15; must attend both classes.)
- Zoom Essentials: Topics include: Personal meeting IDs, advanced web portal settings, advanced scheduling options, advanced sharing options and annotation, polling, breakout rooms, reporting and cloud recording. Oct. 7, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- LinkedIn Learning Introduction Class: A learning and development specialist will walk you through the tips and tricks of navigating this tremendous resource. Oct. 12, 9-9:45 a.m.
- LinkedIn Learning Technology Collection: Check out technology courses and videos curated by the Learning and Development team and your UCOP peers.
- LinkedIn Learning account activation: Activate your free account now!
- UCOP trainer-recommended LinkedIn Learning videos and courses
- LinkedIn Learning: 15 classes your colleagues recommend
Questions? Please email email@example.comTags: professional development