LinkedIn Learning: 15 classes your colleagues recommend

Are you taking advantage of your free LinkedIn Learning membership through UCOP? If not, what are you waiting for? It’s easy to get started and boost your career with on-demand courses that are available when you are. As Senior Specialist Mae Torlakson says, “I love learning! And this is exactly how I can do it with my busy schedule.”

UCOP Learning and Development staff have asked LinkedIn Learning users to share the courses that they’ve found most valuable. Here are 15 courses recommended by your colleagues.

Agile Requirements Foundations with Angela Wick
The Top 10 Project Management Mistakes—and How to Avoid Them with Chris Croft
“These courses were enlightening, with practical tools and tips.” – Beth Burkart, Sr. Business Analyst 

Balancing Working from Home and Families with Andrea Bonoir
“This course, led by best-selling author and clinical psychologist Andrea Bonior, offers a range of tips to help you navigate — and make the most of — this time.” – Annie Prozan, Talent and Organization Development Manager

CISA Cert Prep: 1 Auditing Information Systems for IS Auditors with Michael Lester
“The class has relevant content and is easy to consume on my mobile phone.” – Stephen Cellini, Cyber Audit Specialist

Develop Conflict Management and Resolution Skills (Learning Path)
“I needed a relevant program in supervisory management and dealing with conflict or difficult situations. These sessions provided solid guidance on internal investigations/dealing with conflicts.” – Yasmin Sidi, Faculty Program Project Manager

Elearning Essentials: Instructional Design with Samantha Calamari
“She covered large topics in just enough detail to be useful but not so much as to be difficult to absorb. Plus, I got a neato certificate!” – Renea Davis-Leathers, Technology Training & Communications Specialist

Excel: You Can Do This and Excel Weekly Challenge with Oz Du Soleil
“These courses are very informative about the functionality of Excel, especially for auditing purposes. Plus, the courses are very entertaining so they keep your attention!” – Lael Hutchinson, Benefits Associate

Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing with Mignon Fogarty
“This was actionable and useful advice — simple and straightforward. Full of micro-learning videos.” – Vanessa Cavallaro, Learning and Organizational Development Specialist

Lean Six Sigma Foundations with Steven Brown
“It has provided me with lots of information that I can use in my everyday job to ensure my team is providing the results needed to keep our customers happy. This course has also helped me make the decision to become Lean certified.” – Ashley Ball, Payroll Associate

Ruby and Ruby on Rails training with Kevin Skoglund
“I watched four Ruby and Ruby on Rails trainings with Kevin Skoglund and the material was all well-designed and presented clearly. It was immediately applicable to my needs.” – Terry Brady, UC3 Senior Software Developer

Tableau Essential Training with Curt Frye
“A good overview class — well-organized and easy to navigate.” – Sonya Hunter, Project Policy Analyst II

The Courage Habit by getAbstract
Managing Self-Doubt to Tackle Bigger Challenges with Pete Mockaitis
Outlook: Working with Multiple Calendars with Jess Stratton
“Right-sized as far as time, and valuable skills for work and personal life.” – Ginger Hintz, Program Specialist

Looking for more great content on LinkedIn Learning? Check out UCOP collections — personally vetted by Learning and Development staff. To access them:

• Log in to your LinkedIn Learning account
  • In the top navigation, go to Browse > University of California > Skills > See all
  • In the left navigation menu, under Type, check Learning Collections

Have ideas for more collections? Contact ucopld@ucop.edu.

Tags: ,