Oakland staff: EMS available Apr. 4 to reserve hoteling workspaces and meeting rooms
As UCOP’s slow build continues and more employees come on-site, those working a hybrid schedule without an assigned workspace and remote employees who come in occasionally can start scheduling hoteling workspaces on Monday, Apr. 4. Reservations are required in advance through UCOP’s scheduling software called the Event Management System (EMS).
Meeting rooms will also begin through EMS on Apr. 4. Beginning on April 4, UCOP will no longer require physical distancing in meeting rooms, offices, workspaces, elevators and other common areas.
How to reserve a hoteling workspace or meeting room
- Review instructions for Mac and PC users at rooms.ucop.edu
- Download EMS for Outlook Plug-in (Windows users only)
- Log in to EMS Web App (Windows or Mac users)
Use this Reserving a Hoteling Workspace in EMS Quick Start Guide and keep it handy for future reference. (Box log-in required for file access.)
4 things to know about reserving a hoteling workspace
- Both office and workstation hoteling workspaces are available. When booking a workspace, please reserve the type of workspace you would have been assigned if you had an assigned workspace.
- Hoteling workspaces are booked for a full day.
- You can search for hoteling workspaces by building and floor so that you can work near your department, client, team, etc.
- You can schedule a hoteling workspace for more than one day and for up to two weeks in advance.
4 things to know about reserving a meeting room
- A limited number of meeting rooms will be available for reservation in EMS beginning Apr. 4. As additional rooms become available, they will open for reservations through EMS.
- You can search for and reserve meeting rooms by building and floor.
- Each meeting room entry in EMS will include information, such as room capacity and available equipment.
- The UCOP Conference Center will be available for scheduling starting May 2. If you have a large meeting need before that time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional workspace options
In addition to reserved hoteling workspaces, the following will be available:
Drop-in workspaces – In addition to reserved hoteling workspaces, there will be drop-in offices that do not have to be reserved. Keep in mind that they are first-come, first-served — if you prefer a specific or guaranteed space, reserve through EMS.
Huddle rooms and focus rooms – Available on each floor for all employees to use for short-term collaboration and quiet space needs. They are not intended for day-long use. No reservation is required through EMS.
Resources and drop-in sessions
- Need a refresher on all things EMS? Visit ucop.edu.
- Prefer a live tutorial and the opportunity to ask questions? Attend one of the following drop-in sessions:
– Friday, Apr. 1, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT)
– Friday, Apr. 8, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. (PT)
– Zoom link for both sessions: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/6624748337