Complete your STEP Check-in by this Wednesday, Aug. 31
The FY2022-23 performance appraisal process began April 1, 2022, and your first Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP) Check-in is due this week! Here’s what you need to know to complete it.
To get up to speed on STEP, the UCOP performance appraisal process, please watch one of the following courses, depending on your current role: STEP Fundamentals for Employees or STEP Fundamentals for Managers. Please review the additional resources and training listed below for support in successfully completing STEP.
Complete the first two steps below prior to meeting with your manager, and then meet.
1. Review and comment on your goals and competencies in ePerformance
STEP’s flexibility allows you to refresh goals and competencies throughout the year. Before your Check-in conversation, make any needed updates and prepare to discuss them with your manager.
2. Answer the four STEP Feedback questions
In ePerformance, answer the four discussion questions in the Feedback tab. Be prepared to discuss your answers during your Check-in.
3. Have your Check-in conversation with your manager by August 31
Check-in conversations give you and your manager an opportunity to discuss the status of your goals and competencies, give and receive feedback, address concerns and discuss any needed support.
1. Make sure the Define Criteria stage is complete for your employees as soon as possible
If you have not approved the Define Criteria stage for your employees, they will not be able to update their comments or access their feedback questions. Need help? Watch the short video Define Criteria for Managers. You may also reach out to your HR Business Partner or email STEP@ucop.edu.
2. Have your Check-in conversation with your employees by August 31
Review and provide comments on your employees’ goals, competencies and feedback questions. Complete the Check-in conversation with all your employees.
Additional resources and training
- STEP Office Hours: If you miss your STEP deadline and need help getting back on track, drop in for STEP office hours on Sept. 2, 9 or 12. (Advance registration is not needed; simply select the STEP Office Hours link.)
- GROWing your Check-ins for All Employees (20-minute ecourse)
- ePerformance demo video: Check-ins for Employees or Check-in for Managers (4 minutes)
- STEP guide, GROW Resource Guide, UC Core Competency Development Guide
- Additional resources can be found on the STEP website