UCOP Project Management Collection classes start this month
Expand your project management skillset and learn new techniques to plan, initiate and successfully execute future projects with the UCOP Project Management Collection. Classes include:
- Project Management for Non-Project Managers
- Project Management 1
- Project Management 2
- Smartsheet for Project Management
- Microsoft Projects
While courses may be taken in any order, completion of Project Management 1 is required before taking Project Management 2. These courses are designed to support your learning of project management and are not affiliated with official certifications.
Project Management 1 – Register through the UC Learning Center
March 23, March 28 and April 4, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Have you wanted to learn project management skills to boost your career and help your team collaborate more effectively? Don’t miss the three-session workshop facilitated by highly rated trainer Raj Kapur. This beginner-level class covers the basics of how to initiate, create and manage projects. You must complete all three sessions for course credit.
- Part 1: Initiating a Project – Thursday, March 23
Learn to recognize the critical importance of having a clear, shared understanding of a project at the outset by creating a comprehensive project charter, or decision document. In this course you’ll learn to identify and define:
• A project’s purpose, business value, objectives, assumptions and constraints
• The project scope, complexity and correlation to other projects and activities
• How success will be measured, and warning signs to watch for
• Stakeholders — including analyzing their priorities and impact
- Part 2: Planning and Estimating a Project – Tuesday, March 28
Discover how to build a professional-grade project plan and detailed estimates. You’ll learn how to:
• Construct a breakdown of work and network diagram
• Manage and adjust scope and timeline through critical path analysis
• Create project staffing, change management and communications management plans
• Develop effort, duration and budget estimates — then calibrate them based on resource assignments.
- Part 3: Scheduling and tracking a project
Learn to convert a project plan and estimates into a project schedule, and to track and communicate project status. This course will show you how to:
• Create a project schedule — and analyze it for optimization
• Understand how project management software can streamline tasks
• Conduct effective progress reviews, including evaluating vital signs and monitoring ongoing risks
Smartsheet for Project Management
Offered in April
This three-hour Smartsheet workshop is geared toward both new and experienced project managers. Attendees will discover new ways to save time, increase collaboration and better manage projects. You’ll learn a variety of tips, tricks and shortcuts to streamline projects and manage them more effectively and efficiently.
Offered in May
If you use Microsoft Project to manage projects and tasks, this course is for you! New and current project managers will learn time-saving tricks, ways to increase collaboration and more effective project management. Plus, learn how to streamline projects for more efficient management.
Check out a new LinkedIn Learning resource: role guides
Through LinkedIn Learning role guides, you can explore foundational content and tools to help you gain a better understanding of project-management skills. You can also connect with professionals in the field, learn more about official project management certifications and explore opportunities to advance your career.
- LinkedIn Learning Project Manager Role Guide
- For help accessing and using your free account, visit the LinkedIn Learning FAQ
Questions? Contact email@example.com.Tags: professional development, project management