How the Take Charge program can benefit employees and their managers
UCOP’s Take Charge: Developing a Career Strategy program is now accepting applications for 2017-18. The five-month program will provide 20 UCOP administrative and support staff members with valuable tools to better direct and manage their careers.
What does a former participant have to say about the program?
Arthur Barker, coordinator of the vice president’s immediate office (VPIO) in Systemwide Human Resources, had this to say about attending the program: “The Take Charge program provided meaningful, easy-to-use tools that were essential in moving my career to the next level!”
What are the benefits to a manager when one of their employees attends?
- Communication between you and your employee will improve.
- Your employee will be better able to negotiate assertively and effectively on behalf of your team.
- Attending the program is a significant non-monetary reward you can give to your employee.
- Your unit will gain visibility through the employee’s application of enhanced networking skills.
When are applications due?
Applications are due on Friday, Oct. 27 to Lance.Page@ucop.edu and can be found at the UCOP Learning and Development website.
Where can I find out more about the program?
Program application, FAQ’s, class descriptions and class calendar can be found at:
- Take Charge program page: http://ucop.edu/local-human-resources/your-career/take-charge-program.html
- UCOP Human Resources web page, under the Your Career tab: http://www.ucop.edu/local-human-resources/your-career/index.html
If you have questions or need information not listed on those pages, please contact Lance.Page@ucop.edu.