Annual performance appraisal process
The UCOP annual performance appraisal process – covering performance between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019 – will begin next Monday, March 11.
Our annual performance appraisal provides the opportunity for employees to reflect and receive feedback on accomplishments and areas needing improvement, as well as to set goals for the coming year. This process is an essential part of the work experience and gives all of us a role in our own job satisfaction and career development.
Ideally, employees and their managers discuss performance and career development throughout the year, and the appraisal process simply captures employees’ progress. The ultimate goal is that, at the end of the process, you will know where you stand and will receive guidance toward future success.
Our goal is to have this process support your success and development. Please help us achieve that goal by participating fully and letting us know how it is working for you.
Below are the key steps and dates for this year’s cycle. UCOP Human Resources has created guides for navigating each step of the process that can be found on the Learning Resources page.
Timeline for 2018-19 UCOP annual performance appraisals
- March 11: Halogen e-appraisal tool opens for the 2018-2019 annual performance review process.
- March 11 – March 29: Employees complete self-evaluations in Halogen. For departments using multi-rater feedback, the feedback forms can be launched as soon as the employee self-appraisal is completed.
- March 11 – April 26: Managers write employee performance reviews in Halogen.
- April 29 – May 10: First-level review. Managers review individual/team ratings with next-level manager(s).
- May 13 – May 24: Second-level review. Division leaders review division-wide ratings; UCOP HR and Operations review division ratings.
- May 27 – May 29: Halogen closes for merit process data collection.
- May 28 – June 3: Third level review. Chief Operating Officer and President’s office reviews division ratings and UCOP distribution.
- June 4 – June 28: Halogen reopens. Managers deliver evaluations to employees. Managers and employees sign off on performance appraisals; all ratings complete in Halogen.
- June 29: All final sign offs by Employees and Managers completed – Halogen closes to complete the FY18/19 Performance Evaluation Process
Performance management trainings
Whether you’re an independent contributor or a manager, get the most out of your annual performance appraisal by taking an in-person class with UCOP’s seasoned Learning and Development team. Register here.
|For Employees||For Managers|
|In-person trainings at Franklin||March 12, 1-2 p.m.
March 25, 1-2 p.m.
|March 18, 1-3 p.m.
|Online trainings via Zoom||March 14, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
March 20, 3-4 p.m.
|Tuesday, March 26, 9-11 a.m.
Tuesday, April 2, 2-4 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact your HR Business Partner, and watch for more information about the performance appraisal process in future issues of Link.Tags: appraisals, performance management