Boost your projects with top-notch communication
On May 30, get ready to transform communication within your team by taking a free professional development course, Communication Skills for Successful Projects. Held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Oakland Franklin building, this half-day session is taught by popular instructor Raj Kapur, president of the Center for Project Management.
Take a deep dive into the key skills, tools and behaviors that underlie the collaborative communication required for successful project results. Learn to analyze your team’s communication competence, master “dimensional listening,” and frame clear messages that resonate for all employees, regardless of their cultural backgrounds or learning styles. Plus, get tips for communicating effectively in the virtual workplace with remote team members.
You’ll learn to:
- Identify the core components of communication within projects, as well as their process
- Diagnose your team’s communication strengths and challenges using a best-practice framework
- Establish communication norms within your team
- Assess communication needs for each project to hire staff accordingly
- Communicate results in project planning, execution and debrief through best-practice techniques, tools and skills
- Self-assess your current skills and practices to identify areas for personal improvement
Space is limited: Register now!
View all upcoming Learning and Development courses at UCOP.
Questions? Contact the Learning and Development team.Tags: Communication, professional development