New Zoom meeting requirements for waiting room or passcode begin Sept. 27
Zoom has implemented a new security requirement: Beginning Sept. 27, you will be required to enable a passcode or a waiting room for all meetings. Here are instructions for setting a passcode and enabling a waiting room.
A few key things to note:
- If you do not enable a passcode or waiting room by Sept. 27, your account will automatically enable a waiting room.
- If you set or change your passcode, you must resend invitations for any previously scheduled meetings — meeting attendees will not automatically be notified of your new passcode.
- If you have already enabled a passcode or waiting room, you’re all set and your settings will remain the same.
For more information, read the detailed FAQs on the Zoom blog.
Zoom learning resources
UCOP has a variety of resources to help you get the most from Zoom!
Live virtual training
UCOP Zoom Fundamentals: If you’re new to Zoom, interested in learning best practices or have troubleshooting questions, consider registering for this live virtual training with UCOP Zoom experts. This course will cover:
- Passcodes and waiting rooms — including the new security settings outlined in this article
- Zoom IDs (unique vs. personal room)
- Setting view options, screen-sharing and co-hosts
- Locking and recording meetings
- Creating future polls
The next session will take place Oct. 9 from 10-11 a.m. PT. Register now.
Live courses hosted by Zoom: Workshops include offerings for new and advanced users. View the schedule and register.
- UCOP Zoom page: Everything you need to get started, including instructions for enabling your account, a quick start guide and more.
- Getting started with Zoom: Produced by Zoom, this archived webinar covers all the basics.
- UCOP Learning and Development technology catalog: The Learning and Development team has compiled helpful Zoom lessons from LinkedIn Learning.