New ergonomics classes for healthy working at home
Most of us are working from home these days, and it’s important that your remote work arrangements don’t cause discomfort — especially when you don’t have the same setup as you do in the office.
UCOP’s Be Smart About Ergonomics Program provides employees with on-site and remote workstation evaluations and training to promote a healthy workspace and avoid discomfort. We have just introduced two new on-demand courses to support you while you telecommute. Select each course to register through the UC Learning Center.
- Healthy Working Ergonomics: Learn the basics of ergonomics, including performing a self-evaluation of your workspace.
- Healthy Working @ Home: In this 15-minute supplemental course, you’ll gain a better understanding of ergonomic risks and how you can take proactive steps to address them.
When you’ve completed these courses, you’ll be able to:
- Understand key ergonomic principles, including how to achieve neutral posture
- Identify ergonomic challenges unique to a home office
- Modify your home workstation to maximize your comfort and safety
- Adopt strategies to integrate personal health and well-being into daily habits
While both courses deliver practical advice, it is important to communicate with your supervisor if you need additional support.
Please visit Be Smart About Ergonomics for additional resources, including a series of telecommuting tips and facts sheets. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or further assistance.Tags: ergonomics, telecommuting