New ergonomics classes for healthy working at home
Most of us are working from home these days, and it’s important that your remote work arrangements don’t cause discomfort — especially when you don’t have the same setup as you do in the office.
UCOP’s Be Smart About Ergonomics Program provides employees with on-site and remote workstation evaluations and training to promote a healthy workspace and avoid discomfort. We have just introduced two new on-demand courses to support you while you telecommute. Select each course to register through the UC Learning Center.
- Healthy Working Ergonomics: Learn the basics of ergonomics, including performing a self-evaluation of your workspace.
- Healthy Working @ Home: In this 15-minute supplemental course, you’ll gain a better understanding of ergonomic risks and how you can take proactive steps to address them.
When you’ve completed these courses, you’ll be able to:
- Understand key ergonomic principles, including how to achieve neutral posture
- Identify ergonomic challenges unique to a home office
- Modify your home workstation to maximize your comfort and safety
- Adopt strategies to integrate personal health and well-being into daily habits
While both courses deliver practical advice, it is important to communicate with your supervisor if you need additional support.ergonomics, telecommuting