Friendly reminder: Please don’t send personal packages to work
The holiday shopping season is here! As you plan gifts, please remember that shipping personal packages to or from UCOP offices is prohibited due to funding and security concerns.
UC mail services are for official university business only and draw on limited university funding. For security reasons, all deliveries, regardless of sender or type, must be processed through our mailroom, consuming staff time and university resources. In addition, UC cannot assume liability for personal deliveries.
This policy applies to all deliveries, via the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS or any other courier.
If you won’t be home when a package is scheduled to arrive, here are some ideas:
- Make arrangements with family or neighbors to receive your package while you are at work.
- Alternative arrangements for receiving and sending your packages can be made with these downtown Oakland vendors:
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, 500 12th St.
- U.S. Post Office, 1301 Clay St.
- The UPS Store, 1714 Franklin St.
- Many of the delivery services now offer alternative delivery options if you have a tracking number:
- FedEx: Customize your delivery
- U.S. Post Office: Get missed mail redelivered
- UPS: Change your delivery
- Amazon: Ship to a self-serve Amazon Locker
Questions? Please contact Work Management Center Manager Loreaner Barron-Lopez.Tags: oakland, packages, personal mail