Join a UCOP Anti-Racism Task Force implementation workstream
Last week, the UCOP Anti-Racism Task Force (ARTF) held information sessions to share their final report and the recommendations approved by President Drake. We have already started to implement some of these recommendations.
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Rachael Nava recently announced that UCOP has moved forward with the first recommendation to “Elevate and staff an Office of Culture, Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion.” As of April 1, 2021, the Office of Culture, Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion reports to the UC Operations immediate office.
Now, it is your turn to help with implementing the remaining recommendations. The ARTF is recruiting individuals from the OP community to participate in one of five workstreams:
- Audit and Revise Local Processes and Procedures: Review and revise local processes and procedures through an anti-racism lens to ensure inclusive practices, and to cultivate organizational trust and transparency.
- Change Management and Communication Strategy: Integrate ARTF recommendations into UCOP change management efforts and establish a communication strategy and rollout for transparent information sharing and areas for required training.
- Diverse Talent Development and Acquisition: Simplify talent acquisition processes and enhance processes to assist with employee onboarding, promotion, retention and succession planning.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Integration: Execute the Culture, Engagement, Diversity, and Inclusion (CEDI) plan that includes elevating affinity groups, educational opportunities, and establishing measurement tools for inclusion and an UCOP equity scorecard.
- Leadership Cultural Competency Development: Integrate EDI-related practices into UCOP division-level strategic plans and develop leadership competencies to further engage senior leaders into EDI initiatives and to cultivate common strategies to advance core values for a consistent employee experience.
The workstreams will be comprised of co-leads, ARTF members and subject-matter experts. If you are interested in participating, please complete this survey. Please note that we are asking for an initial six-month commitment; you will need to obtain your manager’s permission to be on the team.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.Tags: anti-racism, Anti-Racism Task Force