Complete your STEP Check-in by Dec. 2
If you haven’t yet completed your STEP Check-in conversation with your manager, make a plan to do so by Dec. 2.
STEP Check-in conversations are opportunities to discuss the status of your goals and competencies, give and receive feedback, address concerns and discuss any needed support.
Here’s what you need to know to manage your career and meet the Dec. 2 deadline. (New to UCOP? Start at “For New Employees,” below.)
All employees – Complete the first two steps prior to meeting with your manager, and then meet:
- Review and comment on your goals and competencies in ePerformance.
One of the great things about STEP is having an opportunity to refresh goals and competencies throughout the year. Before your Check-in conversation, make any needed updates and prepare to discuss them with your manager.
- Answer the four STEP Feedback questions.
In ePerformance, answer the four discussion questions in the Feedback tab. Be prepared to discuss your answers during your Check-in.
- Have your Check-in conversation with your manager by December 2.
- Make sure the Define Criteria stage and first Check-in conversation are complete for your employees as soon as possible.
If you have not approved the Define Criteria stage for an employee, they will not be able to update their comments or access their feedback questions. Need help? Watch the short video Define Criteria for Managers. You may also reach out to your HR Business Partner or email STEP@ucop.edu.
- Have your Check-in conversation with your employees by Dec. 2.
Review and provide comments on your employee’s goals, competencies and feedback questions. Complete the Check-in conversation with all your employees.
- Complete your check-in conversation with your manager.
Your own performance management is important, too.
- To get up to speed on the UCOP performance appraisal process known as STEP (Staff Talent Evaluation Process), please watch one of the following required ecourses depending on your current role:
— STEP Fundamentals for Employees or
— STEP Fundamentals for Managers.
- Please review the additional resources and training listed below for support in successfully completing STEP.
Additional resources and training
- Take or review the required GROWing your Check-ins for All Employees (20-minute ecourse)
- ePerformance Check-in demo videos: Check-ins for Employees or Check-in for Managers (4 minutes)
- STEP guide, GROW Resource Guide, UC Core Competency Development Guide
- Need hands-on support? Contact email@example.com to ask questions or schedule time for virtual support.
- Additional resources can be found on the STEP website.
Questions? Contact your manager, HR Business Partner or STEP@ucop.edu.Tags: performance appraisal, STEP Check-in