Sign up today for an impactful mindfulness series

Grow and develop skillful strategies for navigating challenges, stress and anxiety at work by signing up for Mindfulness Meditation to Reduce Stress, Anxiety, & Burnout at Work. This seven-session UCOP cohort is facilitated by renowned trainer and mindfulness expert Pierre Khawand from People-OnTheGo.

Why should I try mindfulness meditation?

Mindfulness offers several benefits, including reduced stress levels, better sleep and improvements in physical and mental health, focus and memory.

How does the cohort work?

Over seven weeks — on Fridays from 9:05 to 9:50 a.m. from Sept. 22 through Nov. 3, 2023 — participants will learn to how to manage the stress and anxiety associated with today’s demanding work environment, including the challenges of remote and hybrid work. The course features a variety of formats, including talks, mindfulness practices and lively discussions around the fundamentals of mindfulness and how they can improve happiness at work.

What are the criteria for participation?

All UCOP staff are encouraged to apply for this free learning opportunity. Participants must be able to commit to attending all seven sessions.  There is a cap of 15 participants for the cohort.

What do previous participants say about the program?

Here are some testimonials from UCOP colleagues who have participated in the cohort:

• “Regular meditation is very beneficial to my overall health and state of mind, and this kind of program is very helpful.”
  • “The meditation practices helped me build the skills necessary to be calm and effective at work, despite challenging deadlines. The meditation also positively affected my personal life — I became kinder to myself, found myself better able to appreciate others whom I previously found difficult, and was better able to separate my thoughts and emotions to find clarity and purpose. Overall, I have become a better person — appreciating what I have (without craving things I do not), being kinder to myself and others and developing a path to continue building my competencies.”
  • “The course was very approachable. I was pleasantly surprised by how applicable it was to my work life — and especially to my life outside of work.”
  • “You are worth it! Give yourself the gift of mindfulness meditation with Pierre. I had no prior mindfulness experience and came away feeling positive that I can bring this practice into my daily life. It helps me to feel calm, grounded and ready to face the day.”

How do I apply?

Complete this application form.

We hope that you join us in expanding your mindfulness practices. If you have any questions, please reach out to ucopld@ucop.edu.

Tags: , , , ,