Apply for the UCOP Leadership Fundamentals for Aspiring Leaders program (LFP)
If you have never been a manager or supervisor, but are interested in learning key aspects of leadership, time management and wellness, UCOP Leadership Fundamentals for Aspiring Leaders program (LFP) might be just what you’re looking for!
Created and facilitated by longtime and highly-rated UCOP vendor Pierre Khawand, from People On-the-Go, this cohort-based learning opportunity is designed to help participants develop and practice leadership and behavioral skills that are crucial in today’s information overload and über-fast-paced work environment. Participants will focus on behavioral changes and initiative-taking to create breakthrough results. They’ll challenge their current thinking and habits to discover and leverage their untapped potential, as well as the potential of others on their team. LFP is a journey of personal and professional development that leads to accomplishment and happiness.
Pierre combines lessons from his highly rated courses such as 21 Practices for Happiness at Work and Accomplishing More with Less (time management), with key leadership skills and strategies to create a curriculum that includes:
- Setting goals
- Managing long-term and short-term priorities
- Organization and time management tips
- Personality and Leadership styles
- Decision making
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Managing stress and mindfulness
LFP consists of five sessions every Tuesday from Oct. 17 – Nov. 14, 2023. Pierre holds an innovative blend of one all-day in-person session in Oakland (virtual option available) and four shorter virtual sessions (via Zoom). The sessions are designed to help participants apply the new skills and techniques in small and manageable increments to solve real problems, get immediate returns and build lasting effects.
In addition to the live facilitated sessions, this program includes meetings with a peer workgroup and a real-world leadership project that you will complete during your day-to-day work role. Brief on-demand learning modules, individual assignments, access to on-line portal with resources and optional office hours are included to support your growth.
- Strategies, tools and behaviors for staying focused on desired results and leading others effectively in today’s complex and diverse work environment
- Awareness of one’s own personality and leadership style, and the styles of others, to increase personal and professional effectiveness and enhance collaboration and teamwork
- In-depth understanding of growth mindset, emotional intelligence, mindfulness and wellness through hands-on practice of the underlying behaviors
This program has been offered at Stanford University for the last few years. Here are what past participants have said about the program:
- “The benefits of this program have been immense. Incorporating more efficient work practices, as well as mindfulness, has been a game-changer. Pierre has been a wonderful teacher and supporter on this journey.”
- “This course helped me instill new habits and practices, allowing me to regain my ability to be present and effective.”
- “An important lesson I really took to heart is active and empathetic listening. This course was a good reminder to slow down and take in what my coworkers are saying. It’s made me better equipped to properly complete projects.
Learn more about LFP
To learn more about Leadership Fundamentals, attend a 30-minute information session via Zoom on Sept. 5 at 10 a.m. PT. Register here.
You can also read and download the program description from Box. Once you’ve discussed this opportunity with your supervisor, apply online here. Applications are due by Sept. 15, 2023.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: leadership development, LFP, professional development