Trouble signing up for identity theft protection? Please wait to activate your account

As announced in March, Experian sent out emails on April 1, 2024, to welcome UC faculty, staff, and retirees to the new UC-paid identity theft protection program. Unfortunately, UC Systemwide Human Resources has received reports of problems setting up accounts and getting help from Experian’s customer services team.

The Systemwide Human Resources team is working with Experian to ensure all existing issues are fully resolved and extends their sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

If you have not yet set up your new Experian account, we ask that you wait to take the steps laid out in your welcome letter until you receive an update by email from UC on Wednesday, April 3, 2024. If you have already set up your account, you can ignore this message.

If you have not received the Experian email and believe that you should have, please contact Experian directly at (855) 797-0052.

Tags: , ,

Comments ( 10 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Lance Duncan April 2, 2024 Reply

I did not receive an email April 1st. What number or who do we call/email if nothing arrives on April 3rd.
    Thanks,
    Lance

• Link editor April 4, 2024 Reply

Hi Lance — It looks like you’re located at UC San Diego Health. Your local HR team should be able to assist you. Their number is 619-543-3200 or you can reach out through the online portal.

2. Pak Ng April 2, 2024 Reply

I ran into a problem in the registration process and kept getting an error message saying that I, as the user, was deactivated by SMS. I sent an email to Experian but not yet received a response. Anyway, later I figured out that I used the password that I used when I set up my account through UC few years back, so I guessed that might be the issue, so I created a new password, and the issue was resolved, and I was able to set up my account.

• Link editor April 4, 2024 Reply

Thanks for sharing your experience, Pak!

3. Carrie April 5, 2024 Reply

I am a UCLA retiree. I did not receive an Experian email. Whom shall I contact to receive the link to sign-up for the program? Thank you

• Link editor April 8, 2024 Reply

Hi Carrie — Please contact Experian directly at (855) 797-0052.

4. Xiuzhi Zhou April 9, 2024 Reply

Hi, I am an ucb retiree, would like to activate the identity program, but I didn’t receive an email from uc or experian. Can you five me a sign on web site? Or give instruction as to how to activate.

Thanks,
    Xiuzhi

• Link editor April 10, 2024 Reply

Hi Xiuzhi — Please contact Experian directly at (855) 797-0052.

5. Julia Carrillo April 11, 2024 Reply

I am a UC Davis retiree. I did not receive an Experian email. Whom shall I contact to receive the link to sign-up for the program?

Thank you

Julia

• Link editor April 12, 2024 Reply

Please contact Experian directly at (855) 797-0052.