Nominations open: UC Women’s Initiative for Professional Development
The nomination process for the 2020 UC Women’s Initiative for Professional Development (UC WI) is open through October 4. UC WI is an experiential professional development program offered to mid-career women who demonstrate the potential to advance their careers at UC. UC WI helps women advance in their UC Careers and retains women who have demonstrated the potential for advancement.
Through your involvement in UC WI, you’ll learn to:
- Build strategic relationships
- Actively communicate your value to the organization
- Advocate for your own needs in the workplace
- Demonstrate your value to the organization by coaching others
- Increase your awareness of diverse UC career paths
This program is co-facilitated by Coro Northern California and UC WI Graduates. The program fee is $1,925 per participant. Four regional cohorts are held each year (two north and two south), accommodating 120 participants systemwide. UCOP is permitted to send eight participants, which are divided between the northern and southern events. UCOP’s nomination committee includes past UC WI participants, as well as UC WI leads Annie Prozan, Shirley Bittlingmeier and Nancy Pluzdrak. This committee determines the final participants.
The UC WI Nomination Committee seeks diversity in roles, departments and under-represented groups in leadership at OP. Department lead teams should select one nominee. (Because registration is so limited and all departments will not be represented, it is unlikely that more than one nominee will be accepted per department.)
Eligibility criteria include:
- Mid-career women who demonstrate the potential to advance in their careers at UC
- Able to commit to the program with full attendance and participation at all sessions
- Able to complete intersession assignments (up to two hours between seminars)
- Have commitment and support of their nominating sponsor and/or manager
- Show initiative and a desire to grow at UC
2019 UCOP UC WI nomination process
- Participants must be nominated by a supervisor by October 4, 2019
- Nominating supervisors should meet with nominees to ensure they can attend the program dates, then submit their information using the online UC WI Nomination Form
- The systemwide UC WI leads will communicate selected participants and alternates by October 24, 2019
For more details and information, please visit the UC WI page, or contact the UCOP UC WI leads, Annie Prozan, Shirley Bittlingmeier or Nancy Pluzdrak.
Tags: leadership, Learning and development, UC WI, UC Women's Initiative for Professional Development, women