New Business Center available for Oakland staff
While most Oakland staff continue to work remotely, there has been a demand for a dedicated space to help with occasional department administrative needs. As part of our Oakland building consolidation and Franklin refresh, we’ve opened a new, easy-to-access Business Center in Franklin Lobby 2.
The Business Center provides space to sort mail and prepare binders, as well as copy machines for printing, photocopying and document scanning. Amenities include:
- Multifunction photocopier/printer
- Desks and chairs (spaced six feet apart)
- Two desktop computers
- Shredding, trash and recycling bins
- Basic copy room accessories and supplies
What are the Business Center hours?
The Business Center is accessible 24/7; on-site support is available during regular business hours.
How do I prepare to use the Business Center?
- Know your department code for copying
- Save items to Box folders for easy access from the on-site computer, or bring your laptop and connect to WiFi to print
- Bring any special supplies to complete your task; basic copy room supplies are provided
Who can use the Business Center?
UCOP staff who need to sort mail, prepare binders or print, photocopy or scan documents. Reservations may be required if there is high demand. All staff must follow on-site requirements to use the Business Center (see below).
Can I telework from the Business Center?
No. The Business Center is not to be used for conference calls, Zoom meetings or lengthy on-site working.
Will the Business Center be staffed?
The Business Center is self-service and will feature instructional signage for Wi-Fi, printer, troubleshooting and contact information, in case you need help.
Reminder: On-site requirements
You must follow these requirements to use the Franklin Business Center:
- Every day, complete UCOP Screen before arriving on-site.
- While on-site, you must wear a face covering, maintain strict physical distancing and follow pandemic-related facility signage. Face coverings, hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Register in iVisitor for the date and time you plan to be on-site.
- Complete the Guidance on Coronavirus and On-site Operations course in the UC Learning Center. (All staff must complete this course by Aug. 31; if you are coming on-site, please complete it in advance.)
- Enter your name on the sign-up sheet inside the Business Center. Sanitation supplies will be available to wipe down pens and surfaces between use.
For questions, please contact IT Client Services.Tags: Business Center, COVID-19, oakland