Deadline extended: Required STEP training and 2020/21 goals are now due Dec. 4
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the deadline to complete the required STEP training and goals has been extended to Dec. 4.
Here’s what you need to know to complete the first phase of STEP (Staff Talent Evaluation Process) for the 2020/2021 performance appraisal cycle.
Complete required online training
All employees must complete three self-paced online courses through the UC Learning Center. These courses, which will familiarize you with the new system and position you for success, include the following (please note that completion times are estimated):
- Module 1 – all employees: STEP overview (15 minutes)
- Module 2 – all employees: STEP define criteria — determine goals and choose competencies (15 minutes)
- Module 3a – employees with no direct reports: Employee demonstration of defining criteria (5 minutes)
- Module 3b – people managers: Manager demonstration of defining criteria — includes module 3a information (5 minutes)
Complete the define criteria stage
Follow the directions in the third self-paced module to complete the define criteria stage by Dec. 4, 2020. This stage includes entering your FY20/21 goals and selecting which UC Core Competencies you will focus on for the year.
Consider optional training
If you’d like more guidance and be able to ask questions about navigating STEP, consider joining your friendly and knowledgeable Learning and Development colleagues for a live virtual training. Please note that you must complete the required modules prior to attending these live trainings.
Interactive online STEP training sessions are being offered by Learning and Development. In these sessions, participants will:
- Review material from the modules
- Have an opportunity to discuss change and transition
- Practice determining their goals and competencies
- Interact with your colleagues in breakout rooms
Multiple dates and times are available for employee STEP training and new sessions have been added through Dec. 4 for people manager STEP training. The manager training includes training on the employee and manager roles.
We continue to offer open sessions for you to ask questions about the STEP process, learn how to navigate the system and other concerns. Multiple dates and times are available for employee office hours and people manager office hours.
Learn more about STEP
For additional questions regarding your goals and the appraisal process, please contact your manager or UCOP Human Resources business partner.Tags: performance appraisals, STEP