Reduction of UCOP on-site services and staffing extended through March 1, 2021
The following message was sent to all UCOP staff by EVP/COO Rachael Nava on Jan. 12, 2021:
Given the continued increase in COVID-19 cases occurring in our community and for the well-being of the UCOP community, we are extending the reduction of UCOP on-site services to March 1, 2021.
As a reminder, we have scaled back or suspended the following operational services in Oakland facilities*:
- Mail Services – mail service will only be available two days per week on Monday and Wednesday
- Facilities Services – building engineering will be on-call and by appointment only
- Moves –moves are suspended until at least March 1
- IT Client Services – on-site service will be reduced and continue in-person services by appointment only. On-site services will be limited to managing new and replacement hardware and accessories, hardware repairs, and receipt of returned equipment.
- Business Resource Center – will be on-site one day per week on Fridays
- Ergonomic equipment – no ergonomic pickups will be available until at least March 1
- Self-service drop-in business center (Oakland lobby 2) – Use of the business center requires a reservation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to limit use to one person at a time, and allow time between visitors.
Managers should continue to work with staff to reduce on-site work and avoid any non-critical office visits. We also ask that managers work with on-site staff to identify work-from-home assignments wherever possible and explore leave options if needed. If managers have questions, they should contact their UCOP Human Resources business partner.
We appreciate your continued commitment to the UCOP community during these challenging times.
Take care and be safe.
*UCPath and UCDC are reviewing on-site requirements and will continue to communicate directly to their teams. Sacramento staff are asked to continue to work from home.
Tags: coronavirus, COVID-19, oakland