STEP Finalize Criteria action items are due Friday: Here’s how to get help
We are well on the way to completing 2020-2021 performance appraisals through the Staff Talent Evaluation Process (STEP). Action items for the Finalize Criteria stage are due this Friday, April 30.
Your Finalize Criteria to-do list
- Complete your required training before April 30 to allow time to enter your goal and competency updates, and prepare for your discussion
- Update progress on your goals and competencies in ePerformance
- Answer the four feedback questions in ePerformance
- Enter your completion dates for required training
- When you’re ready, click the Share with Manager button in the top right corner in ePerformance
- Prepare for your checkpoint conversation, which should take place before April 30
Get help with the Finalize Criteria action items
Need a little extra support with the Finalize Criteria stage? UCOP is here for you with these helpful resources.
Live training sessions
Friendly colleagues from UCOP Learning and Development are offering live training sessions — continuing this week — to support you during this phase. Sign up for a class that best meets your needs; select each session name to register. You must complete the required self-paced courses before attending live trainings.
- STEP End of Year Manager Live Training (Wednesday, April 28, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.): We will expand on end-of-year materials presented in the required e-courses. We’ll go deeper into all processes, discuss the end of the modified-rating language and process, and provide time to answer all of your questions.
- STEP End of Year Employee Live Training (Wednesday, April 28, 1 – 1:45 p.m.): We will expand on end-of-year materials presented in the required e-courses and will craft each session to answer your questions and go deeper into areas that participants’ request.
- STEP Office Hours (Friday, April 30, 9 – 10:30 a.m.): Need some last-minute support? STEP administrators will be on hand to answer questions about the process, how to navigate the system and any other questions you may have.
- Coaching Lab: Feedback Practice For Managers (Friday, April 30, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.): This interactive session for managers and supervisors provides an opportunity to practice strategies for giving feedback with a coaching lens. Come with a real-life example to practice with your peers.
View or download the Using ePerformance for STEP Reference Guide (PDF), which provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process. Instructions for the Finalize Criteria stage begin on page 15.
Need a refresher of the previous STEP steps? Check out the UCOP Human Resources STEP website — a one-stop-shop for all things STEP.
For more questions regarding your goals and appraisal process, please contact your manager or UCOP Human Resources business partner.Tags: performance appraisals, STEP