STEP Finalize Criteria is due March 31
We are closing in on the end of the FY2021-22 performance cycle! Your final STEP Check-in conversation with your manager must take place by March 31. In ePerformance, this will show up as Finalize Criteria. This is your last opportunity for this performance year to share your accomplishments, discuss the status of your goals and competencies, give and receive feedback, address concerns and discuss any needed support with your manager.
Here’s what you need to know to manage your career and meet the March 31 deadline. (New to UCOP? Start at “For New Employees,” below.)
First: If you haven’t done so already, take the required GROWing Your Checkpoints for all Employees ecourse (17 min). You can check whether you’ve completed this by looking under your Required Training in the UC Learning Center.
Next: Complete the following steps:
– Review your goals and competencies in ePerformance and add your final comments
– Answer the four STEP discussion questions
– Enter all the required training courses that you have completed in the Required Training tab
Then: Share the document with your manager and have your Check-in conversation.
1. Check employee records. Make sure you’ve completed the Define Criteria stage and both Check-in conversations for all employees. If you have not completed and approved the Define Criteria stage or either of the Check-ins for an employee, they won’t be able to complete the Finalize Criteria stage. For help, contact your manager, HR business partner or STEP@ucop.edu.
2. Complete the steps for all employees listed above.
3. Complete your required training. This year we introduced the GROW framework to support deeper and more effective check-ins. The GROWing your Check-in Conversations and the GROWing Your Checkpoints for all Employees ecourse (17 min) are both required for all managers and supervisors. You can check whether you’ve completed them by looking under Required Training in the UC Learning Center.
4. Complete Finalize Criteria (final checkpoint) by March 31. Complete the Finalize Criteria conversation with all your employees, and complete your own Finalize Criteria conversation with your manager.
We started training on the STEP performance management system last year, so you just need to catch up on what you’ve missed. A consolidated webinar with all Year 1 modules is available for Managers and Employees (E, 2 – 3 hrs. throughout the year).
Optional training and support
Need help? We’re here for you. Please check out the following optional resources.
- Office hours: Drop-in STEP office hours will be available every Friday from 9-10 a.m. (PT) beginning March 4 and ending May 27. No Registration needed. Zoom: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/95206516443
- STEP Fundamentals: A self-paced, streamlined version of all individual STEP modules from the 20-21 performance year for managers and employees. Each module has been updated based on your feedback. Use the course table of contents to navigate to the modules you need.
- LinkedIn Learning Collection: Helpful on-demand videos provide more insight into the performance appraisal process for managers and employees.
- ePerformance demonstration videos: Get a step-by-step walkthrough of Check-ins for Managers (4 minutes) or Check-ins for Employees (3 minutes).
- STEP website: A one-stop shop for STEP