Due March 30: STEP Final Check-in
We are closing in on the end of the FY2022-23 performance cycle! Your final STEP Check-in conversation with your manager must take place by March 30th. In ePerformance, this will show up as Finalize Criteria. This is your last opportunity for this performance year to share your accomplishments, discuss the status of your goals and competencies, give and receive feedback, address concerns and discuss any needed support with your manager.
Here’s what you need to know to meet the March 30 deadline. (New to UCOP? Start at “For New Employees,” below.)
First: If you haven’t done so already, take the required GROWing Your Checkpoints for all Employees ecourse (17 min), You can check whether you’ve completed it by looking under your Required Training in the UC Learning Center.
Next: Complete the following steps:
- Review your goals and competencies in ePerformance and add your final comments
- Answer the four STEP discussion questions
- Enter all the required training courses that you have completed in the Required Training tab
Then: Share the document with your manager and have your Check-in conversation.
- Check employee records and complete all prior steps. Make sure the Define Criteria stage and both Check-in conversations are complete for all employees. If you have not completed and approved the Define Criteria stage or either of the Check-ins for an employee, they won’t be able to complete the Finalize Criteria stage. For help, contact your manager, HR business partner or STEP@ucop.edu.
- Complete your required training. The GROWing Your Checkpoints for all Employees (ecourse, 17 min) and GROWing your Check-in Conversations for Managers (live virtual class; next session March 23, 1 – 3 p.m. PT) are both required for all managers and supervisors. You can check whether you’ve completed them by looking under Required Training in the UC Learning Center.
- Complete Finalize Criteria (final STEP Check-in) by March 30th. Complete the Finalize Criteria conversation with all your employees and complete your Finalize Criteria conversation with your manager.
Take the required STEP Fundamentals for Managers or Employees (whichever is relevant to your role).
Optional training and support
Need help? We’re here for you. Please check out the following optional resources for additional support.
- STEP Fundamentals: After you have completed the required course, you can take this self-paced, streamlined version of all individual STEP modules for managers and employees. Use the course table of contents to navigate to the modules you need.
- GROWing your Check-ins for Employees: This two-hour optional, virtual live training provides support and practice on giving and receiving feedback. The next session will take place on March 16, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT).
- LinkedIn Learning Collection: Helpful on-demand videos provide more insight into the performance appraisal process for managers and employees.
- ePerformance demonstration videos: Get a step-by-step walkthrough of Check-ins for Managers (4 minutes) or Check-ins for Employees (3 minutes).
- ePerformance User Guide
- STEP website: A one-stop shop for STEP
Questions? Contact your manager, HR Business Partner or STEP@ucop.edu.Tags: performance appraisal, STEP